BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 18, 2010

Competitiveness


Ok so clearly I am a sports fan. However, if I'm being completely honest, I am just a competitive person. I am "that girl" that just wants to win. That means win a soccer game OR beat my bro's time driving to FL. I just like to win, even when I'm the only one competing. Because of this trait of mine, I can watch pretty much any sporting event. I.E. I most definitely did not follow the entire NBA season, but when it was crunch time in the Finals, I was most certainly watching. I also watch Sportscenter every night pre-sleep for 2 reasons. 1) Just to stay informed about the sports world even when I don't have time to watch all the happenings as they're happening. 2) It's my secret dream job to be a Sportscenter anchor. In the past, I would actually pretend to complain to D about watching Sportscenter EVERY single night over and over when really I liked it just as much as he did. Speaking of sports, Boston lost last night. Boo. It was an awesome series though, so I won't complain. I will however complain about the fact that it's re-donkulous to compare Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan. No sir. He hasn't even began to leave that sort of legacy. Stop the madness. I also have been watching The US Open because I am a Phil Mickelson fan. My main point to my unnecessary babbling brings me to World Cup action. The US did in fact tie Slovenia this morning. We played wretched the first half, but made up for it, for the most part, in the second half. It was probably a bad idea to watch this match with my nieces and nephew because slurs were flying from my mouth due to the absolutely ridiculous officiating that took place throughout the game. As my mother would say: " I have never in my life!" But really. It was awful. We do have a tendency to choke in World Cup play, but hopefully this year is our year to turn it around and we will pull out a win on Wednesday against Algeria.

Attending a US World Cup match is definitely on my list of things to do before I die. Being surrounded by that patriotism and sense of pride for your team and country would be stellar. I love american sports, but international sporting events just bring something new to the table entirely. All of this being said, male professional athletes are also serious eye candy (hence the picture above taken for a Vanity Fair shoot.)

0 comments: